Happy Thanksgiving week, busy bees! I'm hoping this week brings you relaxation, extra days off from work, time spent with family and friends, and lots of good food!
Today I'm going to talk about gratitude. Not the gratitude that you mumble at the thanksgiving table when your parents ask what you're thankful for this year. I'm talking about real gratitude and appreciation for the good things in your life.
What we appreciate, expands.
What we are grateful for, grows.
Do you have a gratitude journal?
Do you ask yourself each day what you are thankful for and write it in your planner or calendar?
Do you say affirmations like "I am grateful for who I am and what I have" or, "I invite gratitude into my heart and life today"?
If the answer is no, I challenge you to start. Even if you start one of these practices a few times a week, it makes a huge difference!
One way to do this is to download the Calm app on your phone. It's available in the app store. I have never been into meditation...sitting still, focusing on my breathing and trying "not to think" always sounded miserable to me.
However, after trying the app, I'm starting to get hooked. The app has different types of guided meditations, including anxiety, gratitude, and mindfulness.
If gratitude is something you'd like to practice, this is a great way to start! There is a 7 day challenge on the app, and you can try the first few free!
Here's the link: https://www.calm.com/
(This is not a paid advertisement! I genuinely love this app!)
- I like to put it on when I climb into bed. It helps calm me down and relax me before trying to go to sleep. I find that I've fallen asleep faster this way!
- I use an essential oil diffuser or oil spray to set the mood! My favorite is lavender to promote relaxation.
- I also like to use headphones because it feels more personal and "in my head."
- Most of the meditations are 5-10 minutes long, which feels like the perfect amount of time for me!
This year, I have been so blessed. I am so thankful for:
- my husband and our upcoming one year anniversary. We are taking a trip to Nashville and crossing it off our bucket list. Today we just booked tickets to the Oprey!
- I am thankful for our amazing wedding we had last December. It was truly everything I hoped it would be!
- my parents and their constant love, support and friendship. I am so thankful that they are both in good health.
- my family
- my friends
- my sweet dog- Bailey girl
- my beautiful home and everything in it
- my car that gets me everywhere safely
- my health- this is something I take for granted every day
- my job that allows me to use my passion for helping others every day.
- my steady paycheck that comes in 2x a month
- my business, my clients, and friends who have supported me over the past 7 months
- my education and the opportunities I've been given to get my Master's degree!
- graduation in 3 weeks!
- my students and the relationships I have built over the past 6 years as an educator
I'm sharing this with you in hopes that will inspire you to call in more abundance into your life by practicing gratitude! Comment below with your top 3-5 things you are most grateful for this holiday season.
I hope you all have an amazing thanksgiving!